Have you heard about Peneloping’s Copycat Challenge? If not, you should go check it out.
In short, here are the rules:
- Choose a garment as your inspiration. Make sure you reference it and acknowledge where you found it. Pick several if you want!
- Make it the way you want with your own touch and style.
- Blog about it! Tell us what pattern(s) you used, what inspired you about the item you chose, how you styled it, whatever you want!
- If you don’t have a blog and want to participate, send us an email and we’ll add it to the submissions post for you.
So here is my inspiration board for this challenge:
I want to use the skirt (and maybe waistband) from the burda dress pattern because I love the tulip skirt on the first ANDie dress, and for the top I want to use an newish knit top and embellish it with lace like in the second ANDie dress photo.
So here’s what I need to do:
- Trace burda pattern
- Purchase trim and zip
- Cut out fabric (and try to match those plaids!)
- Sew together
- Take awesome photos
- Blog and submit!
The best part: we have until the end of September to submit! 😀
Good luck to everyone who is taking this challenge!
Angeles Never Die Dress 2: I originally screencapped it last year from vente-exclusive.nl and can’t find it anywhere on the internet anymore. 😦